Mentors selection process
To participate in Ouissal, you ideally meet the following requirements:
- Experienced entrepreneur, managing director or working in a leading position for at least 10 years.
- Expertise in own industry, leadership topics and business development.
Tandem and Program
- Willingness to invest approximately 1.5 hours per week for 1 year in the mentoring relationship in order to communicate regularly with the tandem partner throughout the mentoring program (intensity and frequency of communication can be adapted to individual needs).
- Willingness to participate in the mandatory kick-off meeting in one of the partner countries of the Mediterranean and Middle East region (incl. travel to and from the meeting) as well as in the German-Arab Women’s Forum in Berlin.
- Interest in cultural, economic and social diversity of the Arab world
- Interest in intercultural exchange and the promotion of professional perspectives for women in Arab countries.
- Desire to meet like-minded women entrepreneurs in the German-Arab Women’s Network and to benefit from the entire network of mentors and mentees as well as the alumnae group
- Willingness to share and expand your knowledge and expertise with young women entrepreneurs (e.g., business plan implementation and business development mentee).
- Openness, self-awareness and reflectiveness as personal qualities.
- Adaptability and willingness to break familiar patterns and adapt to new circumstances.
- Very good knowledge of English and/or French. Tandems will be matched in a common language (French or English). No one is perfect: language skills do not have to be at native level. However, the tandem partners should feel able to discuss business issues in French or English.
Our expectations of a mentor:
What is a mentor?
What is not a mentor?
Carrier and mediator of experiential knowledge
Supervisor or higher-up
Omniscient and error-free
Grievance box, therapist
“Mother” of the mentee
Impulse giver (professional and private)
Source of ideas
Service provider or business partner
The costs of participation in this program (travel expenses, accommodation and meals) are borne by the project.